- The average U.S. woman is 5’4” and weighs 140 pounds. In contrast the average U.S. model who is 5’11” and weighs 117 pounds.
- Over the last three decades fashion models, Miss America contestants, and Playboy centerfolds have grown steadily thinner, while the average woman’s weight has actually risen.
- A study found that 25% of Playboy centerfolds met the weight criteria for Anorexia.
- Twenty years ago the average fashion model weighed 8% less than the average woman. Today she weighs 23% less.
- Kate Moss is 5’7” and weights 95 pounds. That is 30% below ideal body weight.
- Gisele Bundchen was Vogue’s model of the year, in part the magazine states, because she strays from the rail thin image. Gisele is 5’11” and weights only 115, that is 25% below her ideal body weight.
Sunday, March 4, 2012
Did you know??
Posted by Terri Jean at 8:44 PM