Tuesday, March 13, 2012

The evolution of the fashion model


Models today often look like walking skeletons. In no way do I personally believe this body type is the ideal for women. 



When I was growing up, the super thin athlete type was big. Lot's of exercise videos were out at that time too.



 Twiggy or Bardot. Umm... how was it that TWIGGY became the ideal for fashion??



My fav model of all time... Miss Monroe rocked the 50's.


I found some ads and magazine photos here and there and thought they visually explained the transition from normal looking, healthy model to the current type - bones.






I actually REALLY like this ad... a LOT.




The flappers were often on the thin side, but I think that was just typical of the girls at that time.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Let us know what you think!!