Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Ashley Judd Explains Her ‘Puffy’ Face: It Was Steroids

 
Judd's puffy face in question. (Dario Cantatore/Getty Images) 

Some actresses don't like to get plastic surgery and tell. But in Ashley Judd's case, she insists, her "puffy" face really was not the result of going under the knife. In a two-page rant that was published on TheDailyBeast.com, the "Missing" actress reveals her shocking appearance in March was due to a medical condition. "When I am sick for more than a month and on medication (multiple rounds of steroids), the accusation is that because my face looks puffy, I have 'clearly had work done,'" Judd wrote. "When my skin is nearly flawless, and at age 43, I do not yet have visible wrinkles that can be seen on television, I [must] have had 'work done,' with media outlets bolstered by consulting with plastic surgeons I have never met who 'conclude' what procedures I have 'clearly' had."


Judd also bashed the fact that some unfairly compared her 2012 "puffy" face to a photo of her from 1998 — when she was just 29 years old. In addition to her face, she says there was speculation about her weight. The actress, who has been married to Scottish racecar driver Dario Franchitti since 2001, notes that she has gone "from my usual size two/four to a six/eight after a lazy six months of not exercising, and that weight gain shows in my face and arms."

The actress concluded her post with the request that women stop picking on other women for their less-than-perfect appearances. "I hope the sharing of my thoughts can generate a new conversation: Why was a puffy face cause for such a conversation in the first place? How, and why, did people participate?"

Last month, when the photo of Judd initially caused alarm, her rep released a statement that the actress, daughter of country legend Naomi Judd, "has been battling an ongoing, serious sinus infection and flu. Therefore, Ashley has been on a heavy dose of medication to overcome it so she could get on a plane and travel to Toronto and New York to fulfill her commitment of completing four consecutive days of press to promote her new show 'Missing.'"

 http://omg.yahoo.com/blogs/aline/ashley-judd-explains-her-puffy-face-steroids-185434202.html#more-6287

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let us know what you think!!