Sunday, October 27, 2013

Another reason to love and adore Amanda Palmer

This letter was written Oct 3rd, but I just now ran across it. I thought it was worth sharing.
Enjoy ~ Terri Jean




an open letter to sinéad o’connor, re: miley cyrus.

Dear Sinéad,

I love you. I grew up worshipping your music and your bold attitude and, especially, your refusal to sign up to the bullshit beauty standard. You were one of the few women rockstars that was clearly doing things her own way, and you inspired me to no end. I want to thank you for doing that. I listened to your stunning voice and your true, deep lyrics endlessly on my walkman, flipping the tape again, and again, then again, then again…and I know those ingredients still live and breathe inside me every time I write a song of my own. You shaped me.

I read your letter to Miley Cyrus this morning and I wanted to write back to you. I’m writing this on my cell phone in a plane on the way to Dallas, TX to play a benefit tonight for a group called Girls Rock Dallas…a local group that empowers young girls to become brave musicians. The timing is pretty wonderful and I want to talk to them all tonight about Miley and your letter.         Continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let us know what you think!!



There was an error in this gadget