Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Apparently I'm a Role Model - And I Don't Know Why!

When I wrote about my unflattering viral picture, I never expected an outpouring of support. I didn't expect people to write to me to tell me bits of their own story, and I certainly never expected to be branded a role model - but I was.

 I was told over and over again that I was inspiring and that people looked up to me for the way I accept my body and fought back against my cyberbullies.

To me, a role-model is someone who does BIG THINGS and changes the world. So maybe I'm not there yet, but I'm honored people think of me as such. I've stepped up my game to become the role model they think I am.

So I did the natural thing and wrote an article about it....You can read the entire thing here, at Salon.com.



We want to hear from you - who is your role model? What do you think makes a person a role model?


Caitlin Seida has been writing since 2006, with her work appearing on various websites including Livestrong.com, TypeF.com, Salon.com, Dogster.com and The Daily Puppy. A Jill-of-All-Trades, she splits her workday as a writer, humane society advocate and on-call vet tech. What little free time she has goes into pinup modeling, advocating for self-acceptance, knitting and trying to maintain her haunted house (really!). You can find her on Facebook, on Twitter, and of course here on I Feel Delicious!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Let us know what you think!!