Thursday, December 12, 2013

Lipstick and Letters: Don't be Afraid of Love

Hey kiddo,

 Please, give me a minute of your time...I'll make this short, I promise. I just want to let you know that you are going to be okay. It may seem like you are all alone right now and that may be true, but you will SURVIVE. You are only a kid, stop trying to grow up so fast. It seems like your parents will not let you do anything, but trust me when I say your mother knows best. She is just trying to protect you. A perfect example is what happened last night. She TOLD you not to be around those people, you SAW what they did to the girl before you. How easily they tossed her aside when you came along. Because you lived closer than her? No. Because you were younger and more impressionable. You are only thirteen. You should be worrying about your holiday concert next week and the centennial dance. You should not be sneaking away, LYING to your parents so that you can go see them. You were given all the warning signs, but you ignored them. I know WHY you did, but still..


 IT'S GOING TO BE OKAY. It's going to suck for a little while. There is going to be a million questions you are going to ask yourself. You will have nightmares that you refuse to talk about. You will suffer alone. The self mutilation will come back with a vengeance, but don't worry, that doesn't make you any less of a person. You will feel like EVERYONE has abandoned you, and it is sadly true. Most of your friends will not talk to you. Your relationships will be rocky. It is going to be a struggle, but do not worry. IT IS GOING TO BE OKAY. You are going to go through a point in your life where you cannot identify yourself sexually. Stop trying to. You are what is called pansexual. I know that sounds weird, but trust me it will all make sense one day.

 DON'T BE AFRAID OF LOVE. In a few years, you are going to be introduced to a girl who is A LOT like you. You are both curvy, wonderful young ladies with a twisted and painful past. TAKE A CHANCE ON HER. She never will abandon you, you two will become best friends that NO AMOUNT of time and distance will destroy, but take a chance on her before you two go off to college. Because it will be a LONG time before you see her again. She really likes you, yeah in THAT way, but you are both too shy to do anything about it. So here I am, telling you TAKE THAT CHANCE. You may not get married, though one day that will be legal, but you are going to live with a tinge of regret because of her. She will ALWAYS be your biggest "what if".

 Now I know I promised I would make this short, so I'm going to stop here. I guess the whole point of this was to let you know that it doesn't matter how low you've been, IT GETS BETTER.

 You ARE loved, 






No comments:

Post a Comment

Let us know what you think!!