Sunday, September 1, 2013

These bitter, tasteless cruel tabloids makes the celebrity life incredibly unappetizing (part 2)





Then the magazines exploit the celebrity Baby Business. Above they literally pit two celebrities due about the same time together and they battle it out - with their weight. This is literal. The first magazine actually says "Baby Weight Battles" and the second compares one to a waif and the other to a whale. This is so cruel. I had toxemia with one of my pregnancies and gained 82 pounds! I started off at 128 pounds and ended up over 200. I couldn't stop it. I was eating healthy and doing everything I could, but my body swelled. I just have that type of a body.
My mother never gained more than 23 pounds, she said, and never actually looked full term. She didn't wear maternity clothes, nor have weight to lose after any of her births, and I don't think she even had a stretch mark. I did not inherit any of that - the reason being: I am not my mom. We are two different people and our bodies handled a pregnancy in two different ways. Comparing us is... well, stupid. As was comparing Kate and Kim. Dumb. Dumb. Dumb. It's just to sell magazines... nothing more.
 




Then comes all the magazines that make all of us mothers feel fat and inadequate (except for my mother, whom I explained previously that she was one of these people who did, in fact, walk out of the hospital in their pre-pregnancy jeans and tiny little tank tops. Yep. My mom did it 3 different times. I did not.)




These magazines are horrible for women! We all wonder what the secret is. What are they doing to lose the baby weight faster than most new mothers (in the entire world, mind you). We wonder: are they having tummy tucks and lipo while on the delivery table? Do they have chefs and personal trainers live with them so each moment of every day is spent getting back in shape? Do they have nanny's so they can spend hours working out, rather than breastfeeding and changing diapers? Maybe they worked out during the entire pregnancy... or maybe they were on a strict diet for those 9 months. (This is definitely something I did NOT do! I liked twinkies and Chinese food way too much.) Or maybe most celebrities have the same post-baby-skinny-gene that my mother was born with.

hmmmm....

Or maybe there's just a lot of photo editing going on... like in this photo.

Yep. (As I slip a Tootsie Roll into my mouth.) It's definitely the editing.

Continued.....




No comments:

Post a Comment

Let us know what you think!!