Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Fashion Tip: Walk out with what you want, without a guilty conscious!

Do you ever walk into the mall for one thing? A new belt, solid colored top, or a dress for a special event? You walk out with four bags, a froyo, and a serious guilty conscious.

You are not alone.

We all think about it, but don’t speak of it. The cards that flood your mailbox for $20 off $100, an offer for an extra 15% off, or a promise for a special gift at a certain amount. The pressure to have it all. Just yesterday I was in the Limited for their buy one get one 50% to strictly purchase work attire, and left with three bags worth of casual clothing. I am willing to bet if you are reading this a few days after the initial post date their sale is different…addicting? Yes! Genius? Heck yes!


After reviewing my previous years statements I resolved to change my spending habits. To create and stick to an actual budget. Yes, I have officially become one of those people with cash stuffed in envelopes. What I have is what I can spend; anything over is just simply not going to make the cut. Thank you Dave Ramsey. Not familiar? Read about it!



Second, leverage what you already have! Those credit cards that you previously had applied to in order to get that 20% off have serious advantages. Rack those points up. Educate yourself on what cards work best. Personally, I started my search with a website a girlfriend from college now works at, Credit Card Insider. I read my card reviews with all fluff pushed aside. Check it out through this link. One tip: use your card, and then pay it off on the spot. You will rack up points, but not debt. Bonus!

Third, save for something that you love – and make it happen. It can’t be all work and no play. Ensure that you aren’t marking the big purchase until you have indeed SAVED the money – by all means, do not charge it. Currently I am saving up for Franco Sarto boots I saw when Christmas shopping (check them out below). It is only the second week into January and I already have $112 saved. Amazing, right?



  
How do you save? It’s the little changes that can make a big impact for our wallet. I wish you all a wonderful New Year and thank Feel Delicious for allowing me the opportunity to reach out to all of you! 

mth

Thank you Molly for the wonderful words of Wisdom! Want more? Then scoot on over to
www.hartofmolly.blogspot.com  and soak up the awesomeness!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let us know what you think!!